10 Things Business Owners Should Not Consider Doing
We have so many thing to consider in our day to day running’s of our business. Our daily management, marketing, sales, customer service, accounts etc. .. List goes on.
It is vital as a business owner we plan and strategizes correctly and if you don’t you need to start now
The most important part of you running your business is your daily rituals and how you approach and conduct your day.
Although it’s important to list the things you should do what is most important too is the things you should not be doing not only daily but at all.
To unlearn bad habits is key and I have compiled 10 things you should not do in your running your business.
10 things you should not do in your business.
- Blame others – always take responsibility and never blame others you are only giving your power away. Instead focus on the solution this will help bring about the change you need.
- Take on too much – when you do this you will always feel overwhelmed and in most cases never finish what you have started leading you to be demotivated. Instead make smaller realistic lists ones you know you can complete in your day.
- Rush – to much rushing causes stress and you will miss many great ideas or solutions to combat the day. You will also not be able to listen … and listening is the key tool to success. Slow things down and take you time this will help you be more productive.
- Spend before you earn – if you are spending over budget this will always lead to trouble, not enough cash flow and also this is lack of responsibility. Get a good accounting system or source someone who can help you keep control of your accounts. This includes your sales too.
- Guessing – I have see so many people running their business by guess work without correct information or not knowing their customers correctly
- Do it all by yourself – as business owners we can get lost in this doing it all by yourself. This never has a good outcome and is never productive. This is to distribute your tasks to your staff or outsources the things you are not good at.
- Waste time with the wrong people – it is vital you do not waste your energy or time so working with the right people is crucial. You have to figure out early if the person is a right fit and the best way to do that is to develop a fact find ( Marek put a link to a blog which contains more about fact finds)
- Work 7 days – if you work 7 days a week you are always going to be tired, less productive. If you allow some time off for yourself then this process will not only give you a different prospective to you but also the people around you. I guarantee you will make better decisions.
- Keep doing the same process when it does not work – so many of us keep doping th same process and getting the same results, blaming others for things not working out as planned. The key is to use the stop freeze and start process. This will allow new information to come forward and helps put you into a relax state. Being in relaxed state is the key to any success how else would you have success by being stressed? Yes relaxed think about it …
- Skipping review of accounts and costings – if you do this you will always run into problems constantly. In some cases the business will fail or go bust. Or it could be your not hitting your business target. All of these relate to your management and if you really want to make your business a success then you need to change you daily management/ rituals in running your business.
Important note for you , all situations you have today as a result in not doing small actions day by day built over a period of time. The situation does not happen overnight it is your daily approach/rituals which has led to this situation. So if you think about it , it is only your mind frame which needs to change. Taking responsibility and applying a new daily ritual approach